Monday, December 1, 2008

Ahh Christmas is here...


We decorated our tree for family home evening tonight! "lot's of fun." -Jason say's when he actually got to do somthing, he enjoyed it. Well at least I let him put the candy canes on. I'm a control freak, I know it. But he did opt to do everything but decorate the tree. He made dinner while I decorated it. He says his job was done after he set it up in the stand. So it worked out pretty good. We listened to Christmas music all the while, and I thought we should have hot chocolate and eat candy canes, just in the spirit of things, but neither of us were craving either. So that's as festive as we got. The tree is not quite done, I have a couple more stars left to finish making, but I doubt I'll get to them tonight. Hope everyone is doing well, we miss you all, Merry Christmas, and we'll see you soon!!!

7 comments:

The McGary's said...

The tree looks good. Atleast Jason offered to help. Chad was MR Baahumbug (spelling) and brought the tree downstairs for me and that was it, he was off to take a nap. He really is a bum when it comes to holidays, he would be just fine with not even putting up decorations. Yay for you guys Jason is almost done!! I bet that is a huge relief. Enjoy your last few days of Rexburg:)

Sylvia Marie said...

I love it!!! It looks great!!! HA and that is so typical of Jason, eh? "My job was done when I put up the stand." Sounds just like Casey!! How funny. You guys rock. But really? You weren't craving hot chocolate? Not even French style? Whats gotten into you my little freind!?? But anyways...that would be a blast to go riding when you guys get here!! ooohhh its coming up!! :) I want to ride on Jason's "oh so cool" bike. :) Well I need to give you a call tonight. LOVE YA!!!

*~McGarys~* said...

It looks good! We will have together some time soon still. I bet you love visitors at your work too?! lol

Brock and Emily Gibbons said...

oh how fun! I love it! I wanted to put ours up this weekend, but it's been super crazy! finals are next week, :( And i have NO idea where we're going to put ours, we have absolutely NO ROOM in the living room. We even kinda talked about maybe not doing one this year :( We'll see. Can't wait for you guys to come home!

Jenks Jive said...

You made those stars?! I love them. With kids I have had to learn to let go of some control. I have to rearrange some of the ornaments as they are putting them up or we getting all the same ones bunched up. We went and cut down our tree Saturday. I need to post it to my blog. Can't wait to see you guys!

Wise Family said...

I am the same way as you, but like Melissa, I have had to let go of some of the control when the kids came. Now I just rearrange everything after they go to bed. I am hoping to get our Christmas stuff out this weekend. Are you not on facebook? And why not?

Jenks Family said...

it looks great, we have our tree up also. I love this time of year