Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just excuse my stringy hair


Below is the childhood home of Martin Luther King Jr. We went to the King center, and looked at all the showcases about him, and then to the street which has been kept the same way as when he lived on it.


A quick snapshot of the MARTA station. I was embarassed to take a picture of it, so it's a little crooked, because it was hurriedly taken. This stop is an underground one, so you can see the walls are carved out rock.



In this picture look behind us, and you can kind of see how long an escalator it was. I actually made Jason ride back down and up with me again, because it was sooo long, it was crazy! So sweet of him to go along with my silly tangents!




This is in Centennial Olympic Park. We took the MARTA downtown and walked around, and went to the CNN center. We did rent a car, but parking did not exist downtown, so that was the one day we rode the MARTA. Jason really knows me better than I thought, because he knew I really wanted to ride it just for fun sometime, which i denied, of course.



We didn't take all that many pictures, but we had a lot of fun! It was so nice to see Jason, after that long! It went way too fast, though. It was very tempting to just stay the rest of the 2 weeks Jason will be there!! Jason kept reminding me to volunteer my seat on the plane if it was oversold, so I could go on a later day or at least a later flight. (and a free flight as well isnt a bad perk!) But dang it, it didnt happen. So I am back now, and Jason will be home March 4th! I'm hoping it goes super fast for both of us!!!



7 comments:

David and Kira said...

Looks like you both had a good time. I am glad that you were able to see each other. Being separated for any amount of time from your hubby isn't fun!! Hooray for 2 weeks to come!!

*~McGarys~* said...

How fun. Your hair looks longer then last time that I saw you:) Are you two planing on coming up in April still? If so your still welcome here. Just let us know what days. My parents will be here the 10-15th I think.

Jenks Family said...

Looks like alot of fun. I can't believe that it is almost over. Come out and visit sometime. the kids are asking where you guy went to.

Sylvia Marie said...

Awesome pics!! That looks like it was so much fun!! How nice that you got to go see him. I can't wait till he gets back and we can all hang out again!! Casey really misses his friend by the way. :) ANDD I love your hat!! And yeah that picture makes me crave those cinnamon rolls too. I am so excited for you guys to see the bike, and ESPECIALLY for when it gets warmer and we can cruise!! :) Love ya!

Jenks Jive said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. I love seeing pictures of new places. I hope the time flies by.

Audrey said...

AWE! LOOKS FUN KAREN! I MISS YOU!!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh I am so glad you got to go see your hubby! You look super cute in all those pics, too!